Friday, December 18, 2009

Jamie Carragher has admitted that he would consider leaving Anfield if he was able to leverage their capabilities.

Reds veteran defender has been criticized in some quarters this season after a rocky start to the campaign uncertain of the club.

Carragher, 31, said he would leave Liverpool if he felt he was past his best for the five-time European champions, but insists the club's failure to secure Champions League qualification would not be a deciding factor in his choice.

He said: "It 'hard to think of playing for another club.

"But I know that with age as a player you fall, there is no player in the history of The Game, who has not, and I wonder if I want to be so in the end.

"I would not get to 34 or 35 with Liverpool and are people who think," He blessed. "Then I think about whether it would be better to go, are still at a decent level and play for my day in another club.

"I worry, perhaps playing in big games for Liverpool and, perhaps, the side of costs, and I also do not play every week and if I could do it.

"Over the next year or two, I need to make a decision. I'd like to stay at Liverpool --- that is what I do --- but there are several things that I think you can compromise.

"Sometimes I think the movement can not be a bad thing, I do not want that to happen. But when you're used to a way all the time --- --- Liverpool are a lot of ideas and ways of doing things, not only the way of Liverpool.

"I did not move with the thought of improving myself, though. It is only if it was not playing enough, or something like that.

"I was an Everton fan as a child. But I'm a fan of Liverpool and now watching our fans and not 'as if determined to The Game, if you do not finish fourth. And' his club and is the same thing with me.

"Wherever we end does not want to leave just because we did not have the Champions League. Liverpool is my team and we are here to recover them in the top four, which is our challenge."

While looking at their options, Carragher insists it had no interest from other clubs and he is happy with life at Anfield.

He added: "Obviously, I am an agent, but he never called and told me that a team has asked me.

"I do not know if this is a good thing or bad. I always wonder if anyone outside of Liverpool really think I am nothing.

"Why should I leave Liverpool, one of the biggest clubs in the world?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Results & Fixtures