Saturday, November 28, 2009

Liverpool FC's Lucas Leiva refuses to win over his critics

Lucas Leiva believes that he will never be able to win over his critics amongst Liverpool's support despite becoming a regular in Rafael Benitez's starting line-up.

The Brazilian has cemented his place in central midfield alongside Javier Mascherano whilst Alberto Aquilani continues his comeback from injury.

However the 22-year-old is still berated by some sections of the Reds' support following a mixed start to his Anfield career and despite some strong performances during Liverpool's so far faltering campaign Leiva does not think he will ever be able to win over the Kop cynics.

He said: "I am trying to improve all the time and I am feeling good on the pitch. I have improved a lot since last season and hopefully I will keep going.

"But things might always be more difficult for me at Liverpool, to be honest, but I am trying to prove I can do well for myself and my team-mates. The real supporters of Liverpool know this and support me a lot."

"When I came to Liverpool I came with a challenge of winning titles and making history for the club. Hopefully I can still do that.

"I am playing almost every game now. I have a good link with Javier Mascherano. I understand the way he plays and he helps me a lot. I think it's good for the team that we can keep the balance."

by Richard Buxton (clickliverpool.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Results & Fixtures